Safety Net & Homeless Outreach
Provide help and encouragement to those without safe housing or financial stability! Volunteers typically serve at our county offices and work with new clients. Volunteers can also choose to serve at our St. Joseph House of Hospitality, a transitional housing facility located in the Hill District of Pittsburgh.
County office volunteering activities include:
- Greeting clients and answering questions about services
- Conducting client intakes
- Organizing and distributing clothing and food donations
St. Joe's volunteering activities include:
- Cooking and serving meals to the residents
- Hosting Bingo nights, tailgate parties, and other fun group activities
- Painting, landscaping, and other building improvement projects
State clearances are required for county office volunteering.