Emergency Distribution Volunteers - Catholic Charities Mobile Food Distribution - DC Ward 8
Support our community by assisting with food distribution at two locations in DC's Ward 8. Sign up for your specific shift at the bottom of the final page by clicking the "+ Sign Up" button. We will unload food at our first location and then move to the second for a quick, impactful event.
- Crescent Park Village –2 Elmira St SE
- Worthington Woods – 4421 3rd St SE
- Unload the food truck and bring boxes of food to the sites (volunteers will not interact with residents but will drop the food packages in an empty room at each location)
- Provide your own transportation (properties are less than one mile apart)
- Be able to lift and carry 15 lbs. repeatedly
- Wear a mask and maintain social distancing
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions
- Volunteers should be 18 years of age or older OR high school students if accompanied by an adult and bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers affirm everyone in the volunteer's household is free of COVID-19 symptoms
- Volunteers bring their own face covering AND wear it for the duration of their shift