Emergency Distribution Volunteers - Catholic Charities Mobile Food Distribution 4/23/21
Support our community members in need by assisting with a food distribution at two sites in DC's Ward 8! This will be a quick, impactful event to provide food security for our neighbors.
Location: We will send you an email with the specific addresses as the date approaches.
We will meet at the first address, unload the food from the truck, then drive to the second location to do the same there.
Date: Friday, April 23, 2021
Time: 10am -11:45am
- Unload the food truck and bring boxes of food to the sites (volunteers will not interact with residents but will drop the food packages in an empty room at each location)
- Provide your own transportation to each of the sites
- Be able to lift and carry 15 lbs. repeatedly
- Wear a mask and maintain social distancing
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- 18 years of age and older (not required)
- Legally able to drive and provide their own transportation
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment.
- Able to lift approximately 30 pounds at a time and lighter weights repeatedly.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age (this is a recommendation, not a requirement).
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers must affirm they are:
- Free from COVID-19 like symptoms, including allergy-induced coughing, for the 14 days prior to their shift.
- Everyone in their household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Has not traveled to a COVID-19 hot spot within 14 days of their shift.
- Able to provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
Click the green "Fill in an Application" button on the top right to sign up for this event.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, April 23, 2021||10:00 AM||11:45 AM|