Emergency Distribution Volunteers - Catholic Charities Food Distribution Volunteer
Catholic Charities Food Distribution Volunteer
Catholic Charities is distributing SHARE grocery packages to families in need In response to the economic hardships associated with the COVID-19 health crisis. Volunteers will meet at the first location to help unload and distribute the pre-packaged food boxes. Volunteers will caravan to two additional locations to assist with the unload and distribution at those locations as well. All volunteers must properly wear face masks for the duration of the event. Anyone who is showing symptoms of or tested positive for COVID-19, or been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19 should stay home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help unload pre-made food packages from truck to set up at distribution site
- Distribute meals to clients
- Greet drivers warmly.
- Place food items in open car trunk.
- Signal drivers to move their cars.
- Maintain health safety practices: wear a face cover or mask, keep physical distances from others.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Able to list 20lbs
- Cooperative team member.
- Ask for help or questions as needed.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers under 65 years of age.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and if the adult is not their parent, they bring a signed Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Ability to stand for approximately 3 hours.
- Ability to lift and move approximately 15lbs repeatedly.
- Bring and wear a face cover/face mask.
- Port Towns Elementary (4351 58th Ave. Bladensburg, MD 20710). Meet at the front doors.
- Thursday, October 22nd from 10:00am - 1:00pm