Emergency Distribution Volunteers - Catholic Charities Mobile Food Distribution - St. Bernard
Support our community members in need by assisting with a mobile food distribution at St. Bernard Church, in Riverdale, MD. Sign up for either of our upcoming shifts by scrolling down to the bottom of the final page and clicking the "+ Sign Up" button. It will be a fun, quick, and impactful event!
- Unload the food truck and bring boxes of food to the sites (volunteers will not interact with residents but will drop the food packages in an empty room at each location)
- Provide your own transportation
- Be able to lift and carry 15 lbs. repeatedly
- Wear a mask and maintain social distancing
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age (this is a recommendation, not a requirement).
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers must affirm they are:
- Free from COVID-19 like symptoms, including allergy-induced coughing, for the 14 days prior to their shift.
- Everyone in their household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Has not traveled to a COVID-19 hot spot within 14 days of their shift.
- Able to provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Tuesday, May 18, 2021||12:30 PM||2:00 PM|
|Tuesday, June 01, 2021||12:30 PM||2:00 PM|