Location: Cardiff, Glamorgan, Wales
Are you a sailing enthusiast or novice looking to gain more experience?
Or perhaps you are a sailing club member who wants to give something back?
Whether your interest is shore-based or water-based, we have a volunteer role waiting for you!
We are looking for a number of volunteers to help the people we support to enjoy the world of sailing and have a safe, fun and welcoming experience.
There are opportunities available for those with sailing experience, but it also doesn’t matter if you can’t sail (yet), as there are many ways you can make a difference on dry land too!
If you have a willingness to help others and would like to help make a difference, please get in touch.
Activities may include:
- Teaching people we support to develop skills in different boats
- Chatting and getting to know people
- Sailing with people we support and developing your own skills at the same time.
- Providing a warm welcome and contact point for enquiries
- Handing out kit, rigging and launching boats
- Supporting people to get in and out of boats
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We welcome volunteers who:
- Have sailing experience, as well as those who do not, as there are roles available both on and off the water
- Are flexible, patient and open to learning new skills
- Friendly, chatty and a good listener
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times/days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help them to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Access to free online training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Reasonable expenses may be reimbursed at manager’s discretion
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you!