Cardiff - Gardener/Landscaping Volunteer
Location - Cardiff (various locations available)
Are you a keen gardener, with a good eye for landscaping?
Are you looking for a fun, outdoor project to get stuck into?
We have a number of houses in Cardiff with gardens that vary in size and shape, each in need of some tender loving care!
This is a great opportunity to have the freedom to maintain a garden, be creative and develop some ideas, to make it into an accessible and usable space, for the people we support to enjoy.
Over time, there may be the opportunity to volunteer alongside the people we support, to encourage them to take part in gardening activities and improve their health and wellbeing.
Activities will include:
- Developing ideas to help create an accessible green space for the people we support
- Clearing and digging
- Planting (flowers, vegetables)
- General maintenance
- Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance
We’re looking for volunteers who are:
- Looking for a fun project
- Creative and passionate about the outdoors - whatever the weather!
- Friendly, chatty and a good listener
- Able to use their own initiative and volunteer independently, as well as with others
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly
A photo ID and two character references will be required for this role. A DBS check may be required.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help people to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free online training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Reasonable expenses may be reimbursed at the manager's discretion
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you!
- Simply click here to fill in an application
- Or contact our friendly volunteering team on 0300 303 9162 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.