Mentoring is statistically our most impactful volunteer role, providing both academic and emotional support to students. Studies have shown that students engaged in a high quality mentoring relationship are more likely to achieve higher grades, exhibit academic and emotional confidence, engage in positive relationships, and pursue post-secondary education.
Individual Mentors are matched with a student based on personality and interest and meet with them under the supervision of CISNT staff once per week for about an hour to provide support by simply walking along side them throughout their school year. These meetings take place the same day and time each week to provide consistency and stability.
If you would like to become a Mentor:
- Begin by clicking on the Fill in an Application button to the right, creating a Better Impact account, and submitting our volunteer application!
- View our New Volunteer Orientation modules in your Better Impact account.
- Login to your MyImpact account.
- Hover your mouse over the My Profile tab on the right side of the home screen and clicking on Training in the dropdown menu that appears.
- After completing the New Volunteer Orientation modules, we will have Sterling Volunteers send you an email invitation to submit your background check. This email will come from TheAdvocates@SterlingVolunteers.com.
Upon passing the background check, we will send you an email letting you know you are ready to being volunteering and introducing you to your Site Coordinator, the full-time CISNT employee who runs our programs on campus.
If you have any questions or need any help at any time, let us know! You can contact the CISNT Volunteer Department at email@example.com.