Special Events - Back to School Bash
Be a part of serving the community by distributing back to school supplies!
Back to School Bash volunteers will assist with giving families donated school supplies and creating a fun environment for the community. This event takes place on Saturday, August 14th with volunteers needed from 8:00am - 3:00pm. Assistance is needed with the following:
- Event Set-Up | 8:00am - 10:00am
- Event Activities | 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Organize and facilitate yard games
- Oversee an informational table
- Hand out pre-packed backpacks with school supplies
- Event Tear-Down | 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Volunteers are needed on Saturday, August 14th from 8:00am – 3:00pm. If you would like to participate in this activity but are unavailable the day of, you may donate new or gently used school supplies to 945 W 69th St Chicago, IL 60621 by August 14th.
- Possess a high energy level
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Moderate physical activity required
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Be reliable, friendly, and hard-working
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check, may be required
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact the Volunteer Department at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!