FOOD PANTRY - Mobile Produce Pantry Assistant
Be a part of serving the community through our food pantry!
The Mobile Produce Pantry Assistant will help to create a positive experience for pantry visitors. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Bagging fresh fruit and vegetables ahead of the distribution
- Greeting clients
- Ensuring guests receive the correct items
- Help with clean-up
Mobile Produce Pantry volunteers are needed the first Monday of each month from 11:00am - 3:00pm.
- 18 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Reliable, professional, and friendly
- Ability to show kindness to everyone
- Must be able to comfortably lift 20 pounds
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Veronica Soto at (708)222-0177.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 20 lbs.
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older