Pantry: Client Registration
The client registration volunteer greets each client that comes to Manna Community Food Pantry with warmth, respect, and a smile; listens to and answers client questions; assists client with registration process, including signing forms and updating database.
This volunteer may also provide the client with other resources and information, such as the location of additional food pantries or referrals to housing, transportation, or healthcare agencies.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail
- Familiarity with computers and data entry
- Tolerance for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain client privacy
- Tuesday mornings, 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Every 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 2:30 to 6 p.m
The Volunteer Coordinator will assist accepted volunteers with scheduling their volunteer dates. Volunteers are not required to sign up for every pantry date but are encouraged to maintain a consistent schedule.