Backpack Program: Delivery
Part of a two-person team, Backpack Delivery Drivers / Riders deliver boxes of "Food 4 Kids" backpacks to schools in Antrim, Charlevoix, and Emmet counties. Using a Manna vehicle and following safety protocols, the team delivers specific quantities of food bags to each school and records the process.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver's license without restrictions
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Good vision, hearing, and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Excellent customer service
- Time management skills
- Ability to follow rules regarding food safety and preservation
- Tolerance for people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles
- Must agree to and pass a background check
Backpack Drivers / Riders will receive training from Manna staff concerning vehicle use, safety, and preventative maintenance, in addition to any challenges that might be present during their shift. Volunteer drivers will be evaluated on their performance with periodic ride-alongs with staff.
- Mondays, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings starting at 8 a.m.
Backpack delivery runs may last anywhere between 1 to 5 hours, depending on the location and delivery details. Certain routes are longer than others, and it is suggested you discuss your schedule with staff before sign-up.