Pantry: Client Relations
The client relations volunteer greets each client that comes to Manna Community Food Pantry with warmth, respect, and a smile; listens to and answers client questions; assists with the registration process; assists with the distribution of Goodwill vouchers, free samples, and other items per instruction of the Volunteer Coordinator. This person serves as a "runner" of information between pantry volunteers and Manna staff, and may need to make announcements to a small crowd in the waiting room. In addition, this volunteer may act as a type of supervisor of the pantry proceedings, making sure everything is running smoothly.
This volunteer may also provide clients with other resources and information, such as the location of additional food pantries or referrals to housing, transportation, or healthcare agencies.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong communication skills and a friendly demeanor
- Excellent customer service
- Willingness to speak to a crowd
- Attention to detail
- Tolerance for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain client privacy
- Tuesday mornings, 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Every 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 2:30 to 6 p.m
The Volunteer Coordinator will assist accepted volunteers with scheduling their volunteer dates. Volunteers are not expected to sign up for every pantry date but are encouraged to stick to a consistent schedule.