Pantry: Shopping Assistance
The shopping assistant volunteer assists Manna Community Food Pantry clients with "shopping" for various food items of their choice from pantry shelves. They assist clients with bagging their food items and make sure the client chooses items in accordance to their family size. These volunteers may even suggest ways to cook with certain foods, or suggest foods according to a client's health needs.
Additionally, some shopping assistants will be in charge of helping clients load groceries into their vehicles. Regardless of specific duty, the volunteer is required to maintain a warm and friendly attitude to each visitor.
- Ability to lift 5 to 10 pounds and push a cart
- Strong communication skills and a friendly demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Tolerance for people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain client privacy
- Ability to stand for more than 30 minutes
- Tuesdays, 8:45 a.m. to noon
- Every 2nd and 4th Thursday, 2:45 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The Volunteer Coordinator will assist accepted volunteers with scheduling their volunteer dates. Volunteers are not expected to sign up for every pantry date but are encouraged to stick to a consistent schedule.