Social Services - Food Pantry Bag Preparer
Be a part of feeding the community by packing bags for our food pantry program!
The Food Pantry Bag Preparer will help transform food donations into bags ready to be distributed to food pantry guests from the community. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Sort and package food items
- Ensure accuracy of assigned tasks
- Stand in one place for up to 2 hours at a time
This opportunity has FLEXIBLE hours! Volunteers are needed for 2 hours a week on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday between 9:00am and 3:00pm.
- 18 years or older
- Must be able to comfortably lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift
- Reliable, professional, and hard working
- High attention to detail
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Lieutenant Sara Ray at Sara.Ray@usc.salvationarmy.org or (312) 733-4801.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 20 lbs.
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older