After School Program - After School Program Assistant
We are looking for inspiring and intelligent individuals to assist students in a variety of subjects. We are looking for tutors who can encourage the student to find a passion for learning. We are also looking for someone to help supervise the teen open basketball gym on Tuesday evenings.
If you enjoy tutoring or coaching and working with youth, please consider volunteering as a part of our team.
Volunteers are needed to assist in the after school program by helping with homework and overseeing snack or gym time Monday-Friday from 3:30pm - 5:30pm. Another volunteer is needed to supervise open gym basketball for teens Tuesdays from 6pm - 8pm.
- 18 years or older
- Prior experience or certification in teaching preferred
- Must have a passion for helping
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Bring and wear personal face mask
- Pass health screening including forehead temperature reading and brief questionnaire at start of shift.
Volunteers will need to go through an initial screening process and need to pass a background check and. Once the volunteer has passed, they will need to complete our Safe from Harm online training within 90 days of starting.
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer site.
Pants and shirts must cover the waistband. Shirts with print are not to be offensive. Shoes are to be closed toe. We don’t want any injuries done to the toes. Flip flops, shorts, tank tops, undershirts, or halter tops, sleeveless shirts, crop tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. Transparent, tight or form fitting clothes are not permitted. Skirt/dresses must not be worn more than two inches above the knee. Please dress comfortably for the role.
*Off Street Parking is available*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please complete the online application by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
For additional questions please contact Jermaine Primus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-340-1615.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- SFHTLC Must be at least Video Training
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Afternoon, Evening