Counselors-In-Training Program Seeking Summer Camp Volunteers
Cincinnati Parks Explore Nature! Summer Day Camps are for children ages 3 – 14 years old. These camps are so fun they keep families coming back year after year and were voted Best Nature Day Camps 4 years in a row! Featuring daily hikes, games, live animal encounters, experiments and and more, campers are active all day.
Each summer, Explore Nature enlists the invaluable assistance of volunteers to serve in the Counselors-In-Training Program. Designed for teens, it’s an awesome opportunity to learn new skills in a fun, safe environment. Our Counselors-In-Training (CIT) assist group leaders during games, give guidance during crafts time, and provide an additional watchful eye during hikes and other engaging activities. A CIT may also be paired as a “buddy” with a special needs child who requires more personal attention during camp activities. This volunteer opportunity is a great chance for teens to become engaged in their community and build their leadership skills.
- Must be at least 13 years old
- Complete the application process
- Send one personal reference email
- Show respect for the environment, enjoy being outdoors in all weather conditions and have a desire to interact with children
- Two week long commitment, every day of the week, for half-day or full day camps. Half-day (9:30 – 11:30 or 9:30 – 1:30) Full-day (9:00 – 3:30)
Request a personal reference from someone who thinks you are AWESOME. Have the reference email our volunteer coordinator at Brittany.Ashcraft@cincinnati-oh.gov.
Interview upon invitation. Interviews are 20 minutes long. Candidates will be engaged in dialogue about the scope of responsibilities a CIT is charged with.
Select an orientation date.