Interns Only - MR Marketing/Public Relations Intern
MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
The Marketing/PR Intern will work directly with the City of Arlington Office of Communication. The internship will have a heavy emphasis on marketing/public relations campaigns, assisting the Office of Communications with its efforts to expand its online media presence, social media and community outreach. This internship will be heavy on real-world experience with a small percentage of time devoted to clerical work.
This intern will participate in a variety of activities including the following:
- Marketing/PR campaigns.
- Social media communication and campaigns.
- Web-based reporting.
- Event planning.
Specifically, the intern may assist in the following:
- Drafting news releases.
- Drafting social media content for marketing campaigns.
- Assisting with news conferences, town hall meetings, photo opportunities, city council meetings and roundtables.
- Photography at events.
- Uploading web content, photos and video.
- Finding new media outlets to further marketing efforts.
- Logistics, planning and coverage of media events.
- Completing other office duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Successful applicants will be bright, responsible, ambitious self-starters with an interest in communications, marketing and public relations.
Specifically, the intern should possess the following:
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations campaigns and strategies.
- Writing ability.
- Online, social media experience.
- Time management skills.
- Major in journalism, public relations, communications and/or marketing.
- Undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate student level.
- Career goal in journalism, public relations, marketing or public policy.
Candidates must possess ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, exercise initiative and maintain a positive attitude. Computer skills including MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint desired. Fluency in Spanish is helpful.
Individual must be able to schedule at least 15-20 hours a week with flexibility to work some weekends.
THIS IS A NON-PAID INTERNSHIP for COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY.
Ryan Hunt, Communications Coordinator
Office of Communications
101 W. Abram St.
Arlington, TX 76004