The Arlington Water Utilities Ambassadors
Arlington Water Utilities provides billions of gallons of safe, high-quality water each year to the city’s residents and to visitors from all over the world. Do you want to help us tell our story? Arlington Water Utilities Ambassadors will learn first-hand about the work it takes to bring our award-winning water to homes, businesses and schools. You will also volunteer to support a variety of community outreach efforts.
This is a volunteer opportunity
City of Arlington Water Utilities is creating a volunteer program. Arlington Water Ambassadors will help the department engage with Arlington residents.
- Volunteers will attend a 3-hour training to familiarize themselves with the divisions of Arlington Water Utilities and the role each division plays in providing safe, high quality water to residents and maintaining the city’s sanitary sewer system.
- Volunteers will support water department staff in community outreach events.
- An interest in the work of a municipal water utility and water conservation.
- Comfortable talking with members of the public.
- Following the required 3-hour training, volunteers determine their level of involvement by responding to department requests.
Please apply online at http://www.arlington-tx.gov/volunteer/ and select “Other.” If you need assistance with completing the application, please reach out to Human Resources at 817-459-6869.