Mobile Distribution - Catholic Charities Food Distribution Volunteer
Catholic Charities Food Distribution Volunteer
Catholic Charities is distributing SHARE grocery packages to families in need In response to the economic hardships associated with the COVID-19 health crisis. A team of volunteers will direct cars through a pickup line. Every car gets a box of food from SHARE (containing frozen proteins and fresh produce) and prepared meals to take home. This is a drive-thru no-touch affair: cars pull up, pop the trunk, and a volunteer places the boxes in the trunk.
**Safety Precaution: You can volunteer with us if you haven't volunteered within the last 14 days**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet drivers warmly.
- Place food items in open car trunk.
- Signal drivers to move their cars.
- Maintain health safety practices: wear a face cover or mask, wear gloves, keep physical distances from others.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Cooperative team member.
- Ask for help or questions as needed.
- Must be between 18 and 59 years old.
- Ability to stand for approximately 3 hours.
- Ability to lift and move approximately 15lbs repeatedly.
- Bring and wear a face cover/face mask.
- Friday, May 29th: St. Mary of the Mills, 114 St Mary's Pl, Laurel, MD 20707
- Friday, May 29, 2020, 10:00am-2:00pm (Food Distribution starts at 12:00pm)
- Are you 16 or older? If not, will you be accompanied by an adult? Must be at least Yes, I will be accompanied by an adult
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, May 29, 2020||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|