Mobile Distribution - Catholic Charities Food Distribution Volunteer
Catholic Charities Food Distribution Volunteer
Catholic Charities is distributing SHARE grocery packages to families in need In response to the economic hardships associated with the COVID-19 health crisis. A team of volunteers will direct cars through a pickup line. Every car gets a box of food from SHARE (containing frozen proteins and fresh produce) and prepared meals to take home. This is a drive-thru no-touch affair: cars pull up, pop the trunk, and a volunteer places the boxes in the trunk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble take-home meals & position them at pick up locations.
- Form at team at each of the 5 pick up locations, decide who will do which task.
- Greet drivers warmly.
- Place food items in open car trunk.
- Signal drivers to move their cars.
- Maintain health safety practices: wear a face cover or mask, keep physical distances from others.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Cooperative team member.
- Ask for help or questions as needed.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers under 65 years of age.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and if the adult is not their parent, they bring a signed Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Ability to stand for approximately 3 hours.
- Ability to lift and move approximately 15lbs repeatedly.
- Bring and wear a face cover/face mask.
- Lot 8 at RFK Stadium (2400 East Capitol St NE, Washington, DC 20003)
- Friday, August 21st, 2020, 9:30 am-2:00 pm (Distribution start at approx. 11:00am)
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, August 21, 2020||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|