Digital Mentor-'Be Connected' Program
Help older people to navigate the online world. This is a great chance to gain practical experience and make a positive difference in your local community.
Provide one on one technology support to older people as part of the Be Connected internet training program at Living & Learning Nillumbik. This role focuses on encouraging participants to be connected online, build their basic technology skills and knowledge, and assist them to problem solve in using their digital devices.
Volunteers can nominate their preferred location from this list:
Living & Learning Nillumbik – Panton Hill and Diamond Creek Centres, Hurstbridge Community Hub or St Andrew’s Community Centre.
- Complete the Be Connected training and induction program and attend meetings as required
- Provide a safe and friendly one on one learning environment
- Structure learning to specifically accommodate the needs of the participant
- Point the participant to appropriate Be Connected online learning modules and encourage their completion at home if possible
- Be punctual and inform staff in advance if you are unable to attend
- Enter required data into the volunteer management database, myvolunteerpage.com
Centre Coordinator/Program Coordinator
1-3 hours per week during business hours
- Competent use of computers, smart devices, email and Microsoft software
- An understanding of the internet, its varied functions and how to problem solve
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Ability to be patient, providing instruction in a way that is easy to understand
- Ability to work autonomously with a participant
Compulsory organisational induction, training and specific task training will be provided. The next training session is scheduled for Thursday 19 September at Hurstbridge Community Hub, 9:30am to 3pm. Lunch will be provided.
All Living & Learning Nillumbik volunteer supervisors encourage an open door communication environment for volunteers to ask any questions or raise any concerns
- Police Check
- Two reference checks
To apply, click on “Fill in an application” on the top right of this page and register with MyImpact.
If you’d like more information about this role, call 9433 3744 or email email@example.com