Activity Coordinator - Serendipity
To coordinate the activities of this over 60s social group, ensuring a positive environment for all participants. To provide a communication and administrative link between the participants and Living & Learning Nillumbik (LLN)
Living & Learning Nillumbik – Eltham Centre
- In consultation with the group, schedule and coordinate the activities for the year – some will be scheduled at the centre and some will be off-site excursions.
- Ensure a positive and inclusive environment for all participants.
- Liaise with admin staff regarding any administrative requirements or equipment issues.
- Liaise with the Community Program Coordinator regarding any ideas, feedback, issues or concerns
- Conduct yourself according to Living & Learning Nillumbik values and code of conduct.
- Keep up to date class attendance records
- Ensure volunteer hours are logged in the Better Impact database.
- Learner information must be treated in confidence according to privacy legislation.
- Centre information must be treated as commercial in confidence
- Comply with relevant legislation and all organizational policies & procedures.
- Ensure all participants are aware of the OH&S obligations to provide a safe environment for all to participate and model good OH&S practices at all times
- The Community Program Handbook forms part of this agreement and provides greater detail on the above responsibilities.
Community Program Coordinator
As per agreed schedule. Tuesdays approx 3-5 hours per fortnight
- Good communication and organization skills
- Mediation and problem solving skills
- Punctuality and reliability
Organisational induction training and specific task training will be provided. Position reviews will be conducted at least on an annual basis. All LLN volunteer supervisors provide an open door communication environment for volunteers encouraging any questions to be asked and concerns to be raised.
- Police Check
- Two reference checks