- This position ensures that all cats have clean & sanitary place to stay. Proper cleaning prevents animals from being exposed to potential virus/illness & spreading those germs throughout the cattery area. Our kennel staff & management appreciate those volunteers that participate in cattery, as they help to ensure a safe and healthy environment for the cats.
- Place animal in hide box before cleaning, clean & sanitize cages, and release animal from hide box into cage after cleaning.
- Provide fresh food and water for animals.
- Dump & clean litter box, then provide fresh cat litter in box then replace in proper position.
- Provide clean bedding and toys as needed.
- Cat Socialization (rubbing, brushing, and interacting).
- Other kennel maintenance tasks.
- Complete the online Cat Socialization Acknowledgement training and Feline Sanitation Quiz, and then turn in the signature page and quiz results to Volunteer Administrator.
- Receive on-the-job training from kennel staff, or Cattery Volunteer Coordinator.
- At least two, 2-hour shifts per month, to stay abreast of all changes to protocols.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Be willing to get theirs hands dirty and ability to work independently.
- Be dependable and willing to adhere to all shelter protocols as instructed.
- Enjoy a pet & a purr, and smile, because you are creating a clean, disease-free environment.
- Cattery kennel staff should be your first contact for any questions or concerns, then your Volunteer Coordinator and if the coordinator is not here, your Volunteer Administrator.