- Assist the administrative/kennel staff with customer service workload and assistance.
- Greet all visitors as they enter and sign at the podium near the shelter entrance door.
- Direct customers to proper areas of the shelter (front counter, adoption mall, meet and greet).
- Assist customers with the kiosk computers in the lobby area.
- Keep the lobby and “meet and greet rooms” clean/organized.
- Answer general questions or direct customers to “express lane”.
- Assist customers with questions from kennel card information.
- Smile, smile, smile.
- Dog and Cat Socialization online training protocols
- Feline Disease prevention quiz
- Training will be provided on the job on first day of volunteering.
- 4 hours per month minimum commitment.
- Be Comfortable around dogs and cats
- Positive and friendly attitude.
- Excellent listening & communication skills.
- Professional appearance and common courtesy habits when dealing with customers.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-tasks.
- Personal satisfaction and shelter education.
- Enhancement with customer service skills.
- Experience the Joy of a finding a home for a shelter pet!
- Shelter staff, Volunteer Coordinator, Shelter Supervisors & Volunteer Administrator.