- This position ensures that all adoption dogs are being socialized and their lives are being enriched through human interaction and contact.
- Leash, remove & walk dog to designated socialization area.
- Toss the ball, play fetch, give belly rubs & give the dog much needed attention.
- Work on BASIC good dog behavior (i.e. walking on leash, not jumping etc.)
- Brush coats as needed (this is also a very good step to add to the socialization!)
- Leash and walk dog back to the proper designated kennel (DO NOT DRAG!!!)
- Clean & sanitize all areas that dog contacted, including your hands.
- Minimum requirement of 4 hours per month!
- New Volunteer Orientation & Dog Socialization Protocol Acknowledgement turned into Volunteer Administrator.
- Hands on training with either a shelter staff member or Volunteer Coordinator for designated area.
- Certification of completion of training turned into Volunteer Administrator.
- Enjoyment and satisfaction in knowing that you have enriched the life of a shelter pet, and at most times dog socialization can be a stress reliever for both you and the dog!
- Dog kennel staff should be your first contact for questions or concerns, then your Volunteer Coordinator for the designated area and if the coordinator is not here, you Volunteer Administrator.