Programmatic - teensReach
Teens Reach provides a key way for young adults to build their leadership skills by developing and participating in library activities, as well as becoming library advisors and advocates. Be part of a fun volunteering opportunity for teens between the ages of 13-18. Earn community service credit while supporting the library by assisting with library programs, promotion, and representing the library's teen point-of-view. Attend our monthly meetings and have your say
• Age must be between the ages of 13-18 years old
• Have a strong interest in the library and/or serving their community.
• Enjoy working with people of all ages and cultures.
• Be willing to learn new skills.
• Submit paperwork signed by parent/guardian.
• Complete a short on-site training
• Create and log hours in BetterImpact Account (can be done with help of a staff member)
• Must commit to volunteering for at least 6 months.
• Gain new skills such as: program management, organizing, communication, and leadership skills.
• Receive community service hours
• Learn about other volunteer opportunities associated with the library and City of San Jose
• Signed Letter of Recommendation
• Easy to Attend! – Located near: Independence High School
• We feed you!
• Attend monthly meetings, 1st Wednesday of each month at 3:45pm (holidays may change meeting date)
• Assisting with library system programs such as: Summer Learning
• Help create and/or host programs for the library community, specifically for children and teens
• Prepare and help host craft programs and movie screenings for children and teens
• Create reviews for books, media, and/or events to be shared with the library community.
• Assist with Friends of the Library Booksales
• Assist with fund-raising
- Age Must be at least 13+
This activity generally occurs on
- Wednesday Afternoon