Employment Readiness & Training Programs - Personal Shopper - Ready for Success Men's Program
Ready for Success provides lower-income women and men working towards self-sufficiency with gently used and new professional clothing and accessories suitable for job interviews and the workplace.
Volunteers provide an essential service by assisting our clients in shopping our sites for multiple professional outfits, personal care products, accessories, and more. At Ready for Success, our goal is to provide clients with a complete and enjoyable shopping experience. We also want our volunteers to enjoy themselves and feel a sense of fulfillment by contributing to our program.
Ready for Success Men's Program is looking for volunteers interested in working 1:1 with men entering or re-entering the workplace to act as personal shoppers, assisting them with assembling professional wardrobes through weekday appointments.
Men’s Program Location: 819 E. Franklin Ave, Minneapolis 55404
Schedule: Flexible 2-hour weekday shifts
(weekly, semiweekly, or monthly)
Preferred times are M, W, or Friday mornings.
- Act as a role model to our program clients
- Dress code of business casual or business professional required
- Display a positive attitude
- Treat program clients with dignity and respect the confidentiality of their situations
- Weekday availability
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Reliable, outgoing, responsible, flexible, patient
- Retail experience, &/or knowledge of appropriate fashion for today’s job market
- Commit to one year of involvement and sign up for at least one 2-hour shift per month
- Interview with staff
- References and online background check
Contact Jennifer Paffel for additional questions at
612-872-1509 or Jennifer@readyforsuccessmn.org
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Morning
- Wednesday Morning
- Friday Morning