Animal Transport Support
As an Animal Transport Support volunteer, your role will involve providing assistance with preparing the vehicles and the required supplies, to ensure a comfortable journey for the animals as they travel to their forever homes.
This role involves assistance with preparing the animal crates, packing supplies, stocking the trailer, and ensuring a clean and safe environment for the animals, staff, and volunteers.
Please note: This position requires heavy lifting and repetitive tasks such as loading crates, large bags of dog food or cat litter on and off of vehicles.
- Clean and disinfect vehicles/ trailer when necessary
- Load and set up kennels needed for the transport
- Assist with stacking and storing deliveries, such as food, and litter
- Clean up and put away garbage once transport is complete
- Desire to work in an environment with changing tasks and priorities
- Eagerness to increase your knowledge of animals and shelter operations
- Comfortable cleaning large dog crates and carrying supply