Cardiac Rehab Support
Cardiac Rehabilitation is a program for patients with a heart condition. It supports and provides information for our in-patients and continues for several weeks following discharge. As part of the program, the patients are invited to community exercise classes and education sessions which they can attend with a family member.
Volunteers assist the program by:
- Supporting the patients within the gym
- Helping serve refreshments during the education sessions
- Handing out information leaflets
- Helping to set up and tidy away
- Being a friendly and welcoming face to engage and reassure patients that attend