VOLUNTEER OPENINGS - OUT: PMI EF (Educational Foundation) Liaison
Volunteer responsible for serving as the primary link between the PMI Chapter and the PMI Educational Foundation (PMIEF), PMI's philanthropic arm and registered nonprofit organization, by building connections and networking both throughout the community and within the chapter.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Weekly: 1-2 hours
- Design and promote social good events, including those required to serve community needs detected by chapter board members (e.g., VP of Outreach, VP of Professional Development, or VP of Events).
- Raise awareness and deliver member value through the promotion/advocacy of chapter social good programs and PMIEF no-cost resources (learning resources, templates, academic scholarships, awards, careers in PM, PMIEF newsletter, etc.) that support engagement in the local community.
- Engage volunteers through social good programs and opportunities for developing their skills and participating in the community.
- Provide chapter board members with regular updates on social good programs being carried out locally.
- Attend PMIEF virtual trainings, webinars and monthly teleconferences.
- Participate in virtual events, webinars, and dedicated trainings that would further increase awareness, exposure and insights regarding the PMI Educational Foundation to meet chapter needs.
- Inform PMIEF staff administrator periodically regarding chapter social good programs that are being carried out and those initiatives that have been suggested by your chapter.
- Collaborate with and communicate regularly with PMIEF Community Engagement Committee member on a variety of chapter social good programs and planning.
- Be knowledgeable about the "Chapter Guidelines for Social Good Programs."
- Become knowledgeable about PMIEF programs, products, resources, and partnership opportunities.
- Participate in global liaison community in development of and sharing of best practices.
- Subscribe to and remain up-to-date with two PMIEF monthly e-newsletters: 'PM for Social Good' and PMIEF/PMI Chapter Liaison'.
- Passion for using project management for the good of others in society (youth, teachers, under-privileged individuals, non-profits, etc.).
- PMI knowledge and experience at the chapter level.
- Ability to work independently on sensitive and complex matters.
- Demonstrated success in working well with people and teams and ability to build relationships both with community organizations and among chapter volunteers.
- English proficiency, both written and verbal.
Expected Level of Effort:
- Minimum 1-2 hours per week – with additional time as needed.
Reports to: VP of Marketing & Communications (Outreach)