VOLUNTEER OPENINGS - MKT: Sponsorship Coordinators
This person will reach out to various solution companies, recruiters, hiring companies to help gather sponsors for each of the chapter events. They will be responsible for validating that all sponsors packages are fulfilled upon payment. They will work with Programs, Membership, Professional Development volunteers to ensure that we get sponsors that match the speakers or themes for our events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Weekly: 1-2 hours
- Work with potential sponsors when an event matching their need comes up.
- Coordinate with Finance to get an invoice sent to the Sponsor. Ensure payment or commitment to payment buy the Sponsor.
- Ensure sponsor advertising DOES NOT CONFLICT with any other chapter offering at that time.
- Verify that all active sponsors are aware of the event that they are sponsoring and coordinate their attendance with the event team.
- Ensure that sponsor discount codes are provided, if applicable.
- Verify Sponsor website content is posted and active on a weekly basis.
- Verify Sponsor is tied to the current Marketing Campaign and all logos/promos statements are provided to the Marketing Brand Coordinator.
- Volunteer is active in chapter events and able to gauge audience response to various sponsors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication to members of marketing and various event teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication to potential sponsors.
- Ability to negotiate with Sponsors to get the best value for the chapter.
- Able to “cold call” if necessary to gather sponsors and potential sponsors.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment.
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn) setting up submission of articles and events on chapters website using the current technology ticketing system.
Expected Level of Effort:
- Minimum 1-2 hours per week – with additional time as needed.
Reports to: Director of Sponsorships