Social Support Program
Social Support Volunteer - Aged and Disability
The Social Support Program meets on a weekly basis providing social and recreational opportunities for older residents who have difficulty accessing mainstream community/senior’s groups. Activities include entertainment, games, craft, sing-a-longs, and regular outings. Volunteers work as a part of a team with program staff, in some cases the Volunteers assist in the kitchen to produce a meal or socialise with participants i.e. games, activities and outings. The Social Support Program is fun and inclusive and is perfect for volunteers who are energetic, caring and enjoy social environments.
- Liaise with the Program Coordinator and other staff and volunteers as required and provide feedback
- Provide support to the Program Coordinator and clients
- Participate and assist in activities as well as the setting up and packing away activities and games
- Assist in meal preparation and general kitchen duties
- Support staff to create a safe and supportive environment
Requirements and Conditions
- Satisfactory National Police Check and DHS Screening
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
When and Where
Day programs run weekly Monday to Friday between 9:30pm and 2:30pm and are hosted at Osborne House.
View the Volunteer Position Statement by clicking here.