EDS - Emergency Services Assistant
Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) is one of The Salvation Army's largest facilities, where volunteers and staff prepare for small and large-scale emergencies, both locally and nationally. EDS is present in serving firefighters, victims of local neighborhood fires, and assisting first responders of national disasters like Hurricane Katrina and COVID-19. Our emergency relief efforts are there to support communities in need during times of significant hardship.
As an Emergency Services Assistant, you will:
- Prepare and load emergency vehicles
- Assist with distribution of food and other supplies as needed
- Maintain contact with emergency responders (police and firemen)
- Provide on-site assistance to those in need during emergencies
This position requires willingness to work on call.
- 18 years or older
- Handles stressful situations with a poised demeanor
- Confident and able to lead
- Ability to relate to and work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Reliable, professional, and hard working
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Jeff Pal, Volunteers and Community Relations Manager at 815-455-2769 ext. 16 or email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check