Volunteers in hospitality serve a very important role; they act as ambassadors for Martha Retreat Centre and give those visiting the Centre a great experience—some, for their very first time! Hospitality Volunteers make people feel warmly welcomed and included, relay important information and play a part in building security.
Hospitality Volunteers are typically seen welcoming participants to sessions or events. This is a role for people who are outgoing and care that people have a great experience!
· Preparing coffee, tea and snacks.
· Arranging the meeting room area to suit the needs of the session (moving chairs, tables), and then moving them back once the session is over.
· Tidying the front entrance—this might include sweeping the front entrance so it is free of leaves or putting salt down in winter.
· As participants arrive, warmly welcoming them, taking attendance, relaying important information, wayfinding.
· Once things get started, engage the front entrance deadbolt to secure the building. If there are people arriving late and ring the doorbell, let them in.
· Since sessions and events happen all the time at Martha Retreat Centre, Hospitality Volunteers are needed during the day, evening and weekends. We have something that will fit your schedule!
· Volunteers are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the session or event.