Special Events / Funds Development Team
Martha Retreat Centre is a non-profit organization, and relies on events to generate funds. Some examples of past fundraising events include Music on the Grounds, silent auctions and more! Volunteers support these projects in many different ways, based on their interest and skills.
Volunteers who are best suited to this placement are those who have previous experience in fundraising and are physically mobile and can do some light lifting.
Some ways that volunteers can help are:
· Volunteers help with setting up / taking down tables and chairs, picking up debris.
· Welcomes participants to the event and assists with wayfinding and relaying important information.
· Checking tickets or selling tickets at the event.
· Directing traffic parking.
· Setting up and selling concession items throughout the duration of the event.
· Assisting the Executive Director with annual fundraising planning.
· Facilitating third-party fundraising events.