Collection Care Volunteers work with the Wolston Farmhouse collection, ensuring objects are cleaned, presented appropriately, and report any damage or theft to our valuable collection.
The person who undertakes this role must have a keen eye for detail, a steady hand, and a cautious approach to cleaning objects in the collection.
WHAT ARE THE TASKS?
- Under direction from the Heritage Site Manager, you will clean and maintain the objects and items in the Museum’s collection,
- Perform oversight of the collection and report any concerns to the Heritage Site Manager,
- Ensure the Museum collection is properly displayed and organised,
- Communicate clearly with the Heritage Site Manager and other NTAQ staff about potential issues, hazards, or disruptions to guest experiences, or risks to the property or collection,
- Pending ability, we may also request that you assist with other duties such as tidying, reporting maintenance issues, and other light domestic and administrative tasks.
WHAT SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS DO I NEED?
- A sound understanding of cleaning products and their impacts on different materials, and the ability to take direction from the Heritage Site Manager
- The ability to be polite and respectful towards fellow NTAQ staff and volunteers, and guests to the property,
- Confidence in working independently as well as in a team,
- Be physically able to perform the role outlined, or communicate useful accommodations and adjustments to the Heritage Site Manager
- Demonstrate a willingness to adapt, adhere to new policies and procedures, and undertake any associated training,
- Agree to comply with all company policies and procedures,
- Have basic computer literacy and access to email communications,
- Be committed to representing the values and supporting the causes of the NTAQ.
WHEN CAN I VOLUNTEER?
We request a commitment of 1 x five-hour shift each week, subject to operational requirements. This includes a morning tea and lunch break during your shift. Induction and training will be provided.
Shifts: The Collection Care team generally meet Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 2.00 pm. Other shifts may be available subject to the site management schedule.