Farmhouse Events and Function Volunteers support the Heritage Site Manager for large event bookings, such as Weddings, and Farmhouse Open Days.
The person who undertakes this role must have a friendly and welcoming nature, be able to work independently and in a team environment, take direction well, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
WHAT ARE THE TASKS?
- Under direction from the Heritage Site Manager, you will perform a variety of duties relating to Farmhouse events and their organisation. These may include front of house management, including ticket sales through our Point-of-Sale system, venue reception, invigilating the house and collection during public openings,
- Answer general enquiries about guests’ visits, including direction to facilities and information about bookings and events,
- Communicate clearly with the Heritage Site Manager and other NTAQ staff about potential issues, hazards, or disruptions to guest experiences, or risk to the property or collection,
- Pending ability, we may also request that you assist with other duties such as tidying, reporting maintenance issues, and other light domestic and administrative tasks.
WHAT SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS DO I NEED?
- Be organised and take direction well,
- Be comfortable with talking to people from all walks of life in a friendly and welcoming manner, treating everyone with respect and politeness,
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Be physically able to perform the role outlined, or communicate useful accommodations and adjustments to the Heritage Site Manager
- Demonstrate a willingness to adapt, to adhere to new policies and procedures, and undertake any associated training,
- Agree to comply with all company policies and procedures,
- Have basic computer literacy and access to email communications,
- Be committed to represent the values and support the causes of the NTAQ.
WHEN CAN I VOLUNTEER?
Your commitment will be subject to our operational requirements when Events are scheduled. Induction and training will be provided.
Shifts: Shift times and dates will be determined by event bookings.