General Office - Membership Connector
Position: Membership Connector (volunteer-intern).
Purpose of Position: This position connects prospective members with MAVA and serves as ambassador for new and lapsing MAVA members. This is an opportunity for MAVA members to connect with potential MAVA members and for more seasoned members to mentor new members.
Accountable To: Membership Manager
- Reach out to staff at Minnesota nonprofits and governmental entities (municipalities, cities, counties) to market MAVA membership benefits.
- Personally connect with potential MAVA members statewide through telephone and in person meetings; leverage technology to increase personal connection.
- Reach out to new MAVA members to welcome and orient them and assess needs
- Serve as mentor to those who are new to volunteer engagement.
- Outgoing and “can do” approach
- Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Proactive and organized
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Interest in nonprofits or the field of volunteer engagement
- Build your connections to hundreds of nonprofits across Minnesota
- Professional experience; letters of recommendation
- Use your creativity to promote volunteerism across Minnesota
- Free MAVA membership while volunteering, including discounts on MAVA-sponsored events. Visit www.mavanetwork.org/membership for membership benefits.
- Transportation stipends may be available
- Work remotely; some work from MAVA office may be needed
Time commitment: Minimum 5 hours/week