Committees - Membership Committee Member
Position: Membership Committee Member
Purpose of Position: Provide leadership to membership recruitment and retention
Accountable To: Membership Committee Chairperson
Term of Office: 1 year
- Effectively communicate the benefits of MAVA membership to a variety of audiences, including prospective members, expired members and organization member representatives.
- Attend monthly Membership Committee meetings.
- Assist in the process of developing the Membership Recruitment and Membership Retention Plans.
- Attend volunteer recruitment events and other non-profit professional gatherings to recruit MAVA members in-person, as needed.
- Phone and e-mail expired members to encourage and assist them to renew their membership.
- Assist in the process of developing and distributing membership marketing materials like hard-copy brochures and e-newsletter articles.
- Assist in the development of the annual membership survey.
- Complete other membership recruitment and retention projects as agreed during committee meetings.
- Excellent communication skills
- Marketing and sales skills to generate membership commitment from new and renewing members
- Enhance marketing and communication skills
- Enhance community outreach and partnership-building skills
- Learn from colleagues across the state