Conferences - MN Conference on Volunteer Engagement Leadership Committee Member
Position: MN Conference on Volunteer Engagement Leadership Committee Member
Purpose of Position: Work with conference committee to design, market and deliver an annual MAVA-sponsored Minnesota Conference on Volunteer Engagement Leadership.
Accountable To: Conference co-chairs
Term of Commitment: 2 years
- Work with committee to update annual work plan/timeline
- Work with committee to choose conference dates, location, and price and to obtain executive director and board approval.
- Work with committee to choose theme, tracks and keynote/plenary speakers and obtain executive director approval.
- Request speaker, food, venue and AV budget from executive director.
- Make sure speaker RFP is sent according to the timeline and speakers are notified according to the timeline.
- Work with committee to prepare short descriptions for each workshop and post on the conference website.
- Make sure content committee collects speaker biographies and has them posted to the website.
- Help to market and promote conference and to provide regular outreach to nonprofits and government agencies in Greater Minnesota and solicit conference participation
- Work with committee to make sure marketing messages are sent to MAVA Membership Manager on at least a monthly basis.
- Volunteer at conference to assure smooth delivery.
- Knowledge of MAVA mission and activities and ability to represent goals of MAVA.
- Leadership and/or project management skills.
- Experience in working on collaborative efforts.
- Experience in event planning.
- Play an important role in executing major volunteer engagement conference.
- Enhance management skills and knowledge of national and state work.
- Enhance event planning and leadership skills.
- Network with leaders of voluntary efforts from many streams of service, including corporate, government, human services, faith communities and healthcare fields.