Committees - Finance Committee Member
Position: Finance Committee Member
Purpose of Position: The role of the finance committee is primarily to provide financial oversight for the organization. Typical task areas include budgeting and financial planning, financial reporting, and the creation and monitoring of internal controls and accountability policies. An outline of responsibilities appears below.
Accountable To: Finance Committee Chair/Treasurer
Term of Office: 2 years
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
- Work with treasurer and executive director to ensure that MAVA has sound financial policies and procedures.
- Monitor financial transactions of the organization through monthly reviews of the financial statements.
- Review budget drafts and make recommendations for board approval.
- Experience in one or more of the following knowledge areas: finances, policies/procedures, and budgets
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks in a timely fashion
- Interest in MAVA’s mission
- Ability to commit 2 hours per month to committee work
- Enhance financial skills through participation in statewide association
- Valuable insights and professional support from networking with colleagues and contacts