General Office - Partnership & Development Assistant
Position: Partnership & Development Assistant (volunteer-intern).
Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for working with the executive director and development manager to develop and sustain partnerships and funding relationships with corporations, businesses, organizations and government entities.
Accountable To: Executive Director
- Develop outreach plan and tools in order to promote funding and sponsorship opportunities for MAVA.
- Reach out to, correspond with and meet with corporations, businesses, organizations and government entities in order to promote MAVA initiatives and partnerships.
- Assist with writing grants to foundations.
- Seek sponsorships for MAVA programs and fundraising events.
- Outgoing and “can do” approach
- Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Proactive and organized
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Interest in nonprofits or the field of volunteer engagement
- Build your business development and fundraising portfolio
- Professional experience; letters of recommendation
- Use your creativity to promote volunteerism across Minnesota
- Free MAVA membership while volunteering, including discounts on MAVA-sponsored events. Visit www.mavanetwork.org/membership for membership benefits.
- Transportation stipends may be available.
- Work remotely; some work from MAVA office may be needed.
Time commitment: Minimum 5 hours/week