Conferences - Dismantling Inequities Conference Committee Member
Position: Dismantling Inequities Conference Committee Member
Purpose of Position: Work with the conference committee to design, market and deliver the 2021 Dismantling Inequities Virtual Conference.
Accountable To: DEI Program Manager & Conference Co-chairs
Term of Commitment: August 2- December 10, 2021, meeting 3-4x per month for at least 1 hour each meeting
- Update annual work plan/timeline
- Choose conference prices and obtain executive director and board approval.
- Work with the committee to choose tracks and keynote/plenary speakers and obtain executive director approval.
- Request speaker, and audio/video (AV) budget from executive director.
- Make sure the speaker RFP is sent according to the timeline and speakers are notified according to the timeline.
- Work with the committee to prepare short descriptions for each workshop and post on the conference website.
- Make sure that the committee collects speaker biographies and has them posted to the website.
- Help to market and promote conference and to provide regular outreach to nonprofits and government agencies in Greater Minnesota and solicit conference participation
- Work with the committee to make sure marketing messages are sent to MAVA Membership Manager on at least a monthly basis.
- Volunteer at the conference to assure smooth delivery.
- Knowledge of MAVA mission and activities and ability to represent goals of MAVA.
- Leadership and/or project management skills.
- Experience in working on collaborative efforts.
- Experience in event planning.
- Play an important role in executing a major volunteer engagement conference.
- Enhance management skills and knowledge of national and state work as it relates to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Enhance event planning and leadership skills.
- Network with leaders of voluntary efforts from many streams of service, including corporate, government, human services, faith communities and healthcare fields.