Committees - Professional Development Committee Member
MAVA Professional Development Committee Member
Purpose of Position: Foster professional development of MAVA members and volunteer engagement leaders nationwide through implementation of MAVA sponsored educational workshops and networking events each year.
- Participate in monthly committee meetings. Must be able to attend a minimum of 8 meetings each year.
- Collaborate with other committee members to develop and implement 4 virtual and/or hybrid workshops and 6 virtual and/or hybrid MAVA Connections each year by selecting topics, speakers and venues.
- Partner with MAVA staff to promote offerings to MAVA members, prospects and community at large.
- Attend workshops and MAVA Connections.
- No experience needed - we'll provide all training and coaching. Most workshops and events are planned and led by at least two committee members and 1-2 MAVA staff members, so you'll have lots of support.
- Committee members receive free registration to MAVA PD Committee-led events.
- The time commitment is 1-5 hours per month, Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm (Central Time).
- The committee meets monthly by Zoom for one hour.
- Most workshops and events take place virtually or as hybrid activities.
- You do not need to reside in Minnesota to join the committee.
For more information or to get involved, please contact Polly Roach at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you more information along with an invite to our next meeting.
To decrease barriers to volunteering at MAVA, we do not currently require an application or interview to join the committee, but we would be happy to meet with you – by phone, online or in person – to explore your interest in the committee. We are also excited to meet and to get to know you at the committee meetings. If you are interested in joining, we will send you the Zoom link to the next upcoming committee meeting. We are actively seeking a committee members and co-chairs who are Black, Indigenous and people of color. We look forward to hearing from you!