Committees - Professional Development Committee Member
Position: Professional Development Committee Member
Purpose of Position: Foster professional development of MAVA members and volunteer administrators statewide through implementation of MAVA sponsored educational workshops and networking events each year. All professional development events will be virtual in 2021. This committee currently meets monthly via Zoom.
Accountable to: Co-Chairs, 6-8 members at large
Term of office: At least 1 year
Time commitment: 1-2 hours per month, 4-6 hours for months with events
Individual responsibilities: Participate in monthly committee meetings. Must be able to attend a minimum of 8 meetings each year.
- Develop and implement four virtual professional development opportunities each year by selecting topics, locating presenters in conjunction with selected topics, etc.
- Facilitate four to six virtual MAVA Connections events each year
- Work collaboratively with MAVA staff with regard to planning, pricing, marketing and registration
- Promote educational programs to all members and to the community
- Identify new avenues to address educational needs for all members
- Collaborate with other committee members to implement programming
- Attend professional development events
- Awareness of member professional development needs
- Ability to meet member needs creatively and through collaboration
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in planning and implementing major educational events
- Enhance management skills through leadership position in a statewide organization
- Free registration for Professional Development-facilitated events