General Office - Volunteer Coordinator
Position: Volunteer Coordinator (volunteer)
Purpose of Position: This position involves recruiting volunteers for MAVA committees, annual meeting, professional development events and annual state conference.
Accountable To: MAVA Executive Director
- Post openings on MAVA website, Handson Twin Cities, VolunteerMatch and elsewhere for volunteer position openings on membership, finance, conference, public policy and professional development committees.
- Post openings as described above for volunteers needed for annual meeting, professional development and the annual conference.
- Work with MAVA membership manager to post all volunteer openings on social media.
- Reach out to participants of the events described above to see if they can volunteer at the event.
- Post volunteer needs on MAVA Voice and in the weekly eblast.
- Attend 1-2 volunteer fairs on behalf of MAVA.
- Reach out by phone and email to potential volunteers.
- Facilitate the volunteer interview in conjunction with the committee chair or staff person.
- Assure that all volunteers complete the volunteer application process and submit their volunteer hours online.
- Communicate with all committee heads and staff to determine volunteer needs.
- Create job descriptions along with committee chair or staff person.
- “Can do” approach
- Proactive and organized
- Interest in nonprofits or the field of volunteer engagement
- Build your business development and fundraising portfolio
- Professional experience; letters of recommendation
- Use your creativity to promote volunteerism across Minnesota
- Free MAVA membership while volunteering, including discounts on MAVA-sponsored events. Visit www.mavanetwork.org/joinus for membership benefits.
- Transportation stipends may be available
- Work remotely; some work from MAVA office may be needed
Time commitment: Minimum 5 hours/week