General Office - Development and Membership Assistant
Position: Development and Membership Assistant (volunteer-intern).
Purpose of Position: This position serve as administrative assistant to the Membership & Development Manager. The position involves data input and organizational and office duties designed to assist the Membership and Development Manager with related administrative duties.
Accountable To: Membership & Development Manager
- Compile lists in order to conduct outreach out to staff at Minnesota nonprofits and governmental entities (municipalities, cities, counties) to market MAVA membership benefits.
- Document connections made with potential MAVA members.
- Document outreach efforts to new MAVA members to welcome and orient them and assess needs
- Perform clerical and administrative duties as needed by membership & development manager.
- “Can do” approach
- Proactive and organized
- Interest in nonprofits or the field of volunteer engagement
- Experience with clerical and administrative duties.
- Build your business development and fundraising portfolio
- Professional experience; letters of recommendation
- Use your creativity to promote volunteerism across Minnesota
- Free MAVA membership while volunteering, including discounts on MAVA-sponsored events. Visit http://www.mavanetwork.org/membership for membership benefits.
- Transportation stipends may be available
- Work remotely; some work from MAVA office may be needed
Time commitment: Minimum 5 hours/week