General Office - Membership and Development Assistant
Position: Membership and Development Assistant (volunteer-intern).
Purpose of Position: This position connects prospective members with MAVA and serves as an ambassador for new and lapsing MAVA members. This is an opportunity for MAVA to connect with potential MAVA members and for more seasoned members to mentor new members.
Accountable To: Membership & Development Manager
- Plan events to support member and donor engagement and retention.
- Promote MAVA to Minnesota nonprofits and governmental entities (municipalities, cities, counties) to market MAVA membership benefits.
- Communicate and connect with potential MAVA members statewide by phone, video, and in-person meetings; leverage technology to increase personal connection.
- Welcome new MAVA members to welcome and orient them and assess their needs.
- Maintain accurate records of members and donors within MAVA’s database.
- Outgoing and “can do” approach
- Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Proactive and organized
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Interest in nonprofits or the field of volunteer engagement
- Build your connections to hundreds of nonprofits across Minnesota
- Professional experience; letters of recommendation
- Use your creativity to promote volunteerism across Minnesota
- Free MAVA membership while volunteering, including discounts on MAVA-sponsored events. Visit www.mavanetwork.org/joinus for membership benefits.
- Transportation stipends may be available
- Work remotely; some work from MAVA office may be needed
Time commitment: Minimum 5 hours/week