Disaster Services - Canteen Driver
Emergency responders are often working in remote locations in extreme conditions. That's when The Salvation Army's Emergency Disaster Services Canteen is called into service. This kitchen on wheels provides more than just food and drink. The sight of that canteen also brings encouragement and prayer support to first responders and those affected by disasters. Canteen drivers are NOT required to have a CDL license. We'll provide both group and 1 on 1 training to familiarize drivers with canteen electrical systems and generator operation, driving techniques and positioning strategies while on scene. Must be at least 21 years of age, able to lift 20 - 30 pounds, have completed the necessary applications and be able to pass a background check. Driver's training and basic Emergency Disaster Services training will be required as well. Must be willing to drop everything at a moments notice and enjoy getting up at all hours of the night to bring a little comfort and encouragement to friends and neighbors in need.
- Background Check
- Class: Disaster Food Service - Handling and Delivery Must be at least Completed
- Class: Introduction to The Salvation Army Must be at least Completed
- Motor Vehicle Registry Approval Must be at least Yes
- Training: Safe From Harm Completed Must be at least Basic
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older