The event is over and applications have closed. We will update with more info when we have details of the next event. Here is our thank you letter to the volunteers from 2017.
Dear fabulous volunteer crew of WGNZ 2017,
You rock our world.
Your energy and passion, dedication and determination is inspiring. Through thick fog and sunny days to early morning sunrise missions, your smiles and gratitude motivates us.
On behalf of all the Audi quattro Winter Games NZ 2017 crew and athletes, we would like to extend our sincere thanks of appreciation to you for your contribution and commitment to this spectacular, world class winter sports competition. You are the ones who helped make it an outstanding success.
The time and energy, experience and skills that you have generously given allows the athletes to achieve their dreams. Your unique personality and smiles, the interaction with public, crew, media, stakeholders and athletes add to the whole Games experience for everyone.
We hope being a member of our Volunteer Crew was as enjoyable and memorable as ours and we all thank you for joining us over this action packed at so many different locations.
Safe travels to those moving on and we hope to see you all again at the next Winter Games NZ. We’ll keep you posted on the dates and hope that you want to come back to hang out with us
Once again, a huge thank you from us all
Christina, Perryn, Bosh, Heather and Jo
WGNZ 2017 Volunteer Managers
Audi quattro Winter Games NZ values the time and support generously given by volunteers and thanks you for your commitment. We have certain standards outlined below that we will work towards in order to make your experience a positive one.
Audi quattro Winter Games NZ will strive to:
- Treat all volunteers equally and with respect
- Provide a clear role description and contact person
- Provide necessary induction or training to enable you to fulfil your role - Provide a safe working environment
- Acknowledge and provide recognition to all volunteers
- Enable you to withdraw or say no without guilt
Audi quattro Winter Games NZ asks that you:
- Are reliable and advise us of any change of availability
- Seek support if you’re feeling out of your depth or struggling with the commitment required
- Strive to maintain and enhance the events reputation within the community
- Respect the operational guidelines of the event organisers
- Participate in any induction or training required for your role
- Report hazards, incidents, accidents or any safety concerns you have to your immediate Manager or the Volunteer Manager