Opportunities - Hypertension Research - BedMed Study
Calling all patients, citizens and family members!
Opportunity for ENGAGEMENT in a study about High Blood Pressure
Are you or a loved one interested in research about high blood pressure (also called hypertension)? Have you ever wanted to know what happens during a research study? Or how the findings get used in practice?
A new research study called the “BedMed Initiative” is looking for Patients/Family Members interested in high blood pressure to be part of a:
Working Group to provide feedback to the researchers
- First meeting: Edmonton in June 2016
- Time commitment: 2 hours every month for meetings, face-to-face or teleconference
- Time Period: June 2016 to December, 2019
- Expenses: Paid for all meetings; meal provided.
The Working Group of patient/public members will:
- Review and comment on the design of the study
- Provide patient/family member points of view about living with high blood pressure
- Provide ongoing feedback throughout the study
To be involved we ask that you be open to sharing your ideas with the study team. As part of the Working Group, you will be given all the support you need to meaningfully engage with the researchers.
This is a great way to have your voice heard in health research!
To become a part of this initiative, please contact Robyn Laczy at email@example.com, or call direct at 780-492-9695.
To learn more about the study, you can also visit www.pragmatictrials.ca/bedmed/
The Principal Investigator or Study Lead is Dr. Scott Garrison MD. Nicole Olivier is the Clinical Study Coordinator and can be reached at 780-492-1602 for more information.