Short-Term Volunteering - Short Term Event Coordinator and Host
Are you interested in helping girls improve your community? Do you enjoy meeting new people and coordinating events?
We are looking for volunteers to help girls in their community by facilitating a “Building My Community” event. You will play a vital role to bring this event to life using a step-by-step guide to contact civic leaders in your area and asking them to meet with girls to talk and brainstorm ideas on how the girls can help the community.
You will be
- Contacting community leaders
- Finding a space to host the event in your town
- Working with area troop volunteers to invite girls to attend the event
- Coordinating and hosting the event
- Working with the Building My Community team to create and provide materials for the event
- Event Coordination experience
- An interview with Council Staff.
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age and older.
- About an hour a week of your time for 4 – 6 months – you can create your own schedule to complete the tasks per a provided timeline.
- Volunteers in this role are required to register as members of Girl Scouts ($25/year), and complete a criminal background check. Registration and background check screening are done online. You will receive a link to do both once your interview is complete.